7.24.2010

July 19-25

I wish my POTD could be something more interesting than my kids every single day.  I guess when you are a SAHM...you kind of run out of things to "document".  This is it people.  This is my life.  Here we go...
Holy Monday...that's all I can say.  I think this kid had about 5 meltdowns before 9:00am.  I've been struggling with the "terrible two's" lately.  Here is more on this topic. UGH.
Sydney has decided she now wants to take it to the next level...literally.  This girl is a stair climber!  She's dabbled a little, but never actually took off.  Today I looked over and she was on the 3rd or 4th step.  Cute little video here.  {ok, cute to me...probably extremely boring for you!}
We have discovered that Wednesday nights are kids night at our local Buffalo Wild Wings.  Fantastic!  My kids can throw food, scream, run around {not that I would EVER let them} but people don't stare because everyone elses kids are doing the same thing.  This is Bryce showing me his airplane that the balloon guy made him. 
Why does my kid have an obsession with toothbrushes, and more importantly...toothpaste?  I am constantly finding him in the bathroom eating toothpaste?  He smuggles it downstairs when I'm not looking, then leaves it all over the house.  LOVE when Sydney finds it and she eats it too.  I need more baby gates.
Ohhhh...where to begin?  Ok, I changed out the diaper genie refill and for some reason Bryce found this blue piece of plastic fascinating.  He called it a headband and wore it all night.  Then he carried the diaper bag around and kept putting his hand on his hip???  What???  When I'm not wanting to drop him off at the nearest fire department, this kid makes me laugh so hard!
.
I hate running.  I especially hate running in 87 degree weather with 100% humidity and mosquitos sucking the life out of me.  The countown is around 49 days or so until Dan and I (along with the rest of the Peterson families) run 8 miles around Mackinac Island.  I'm still maxing out at 2 miles, but so-help-me, I'm going to run 8 miles.
In an effort to take more pictures of people other than my kids...here is my Lake Michigan self portrait.  We drove out to the beach for the day and I actually went in the water.  It has probably been about 12 years since I've swam in Lake Michigan and I only live 1/2 hour away.  Crazy?  It was such a beautiful day and the kids had a blast!

Head on over to The Mom Creative to check out more Project Life Photos.

No comments: