12.22.2010

Dec 8- Dec 20

Picked up some new hangers while I was at Bed Bath & Beyond which led to cleaning out my closet, which led to painfully admitting that I am no longer the same size I was "BK" (before kids) and will never be again, which led to purging 3 giant garbage bags full of clothes for Goodwill.
I submitted a photo several weeks ago to one of Becky Higgins photo challenges...and to my surprise, it made it!  Talk about big time :)  Seeing my picture on THE Becky Higgins site.  Yay! 
I really wish this were not the sight I see every time I look down.  Unfortunately, the majority of the time, it is.  I sure hope this miserable, clingy, screechy phase will end soon.  I'm hanging on by a thread.

While Dan was off enjoying my gift to him of a birthday massage (that he drove himself to and paid for), the kids and I made him a birthday card/banner to surprise him when he got home.  Thank you Crayola for washable markers.
I was shocked to see Sydney carefully (and accurately) putting Bryce's cards away in a ziplock bag. It took her a while, but she picked almost all of them up.  I didn't tell her to, or show her how, she just got to work and did it.  Such a big girl!
This is what I found when I walked over to the door the other day.  Bryce has been matching up like items lately.  I've never done this with him, so it was so cool to see that he had done it all by himself.
Went with Cassie to the Design 1 Fashion show benefiting Helen DeVos Children's Hospital.  It was AMAZING!  We had a great girl's night out.  Horrible picture...but neither of us remembered to bring our cameras and this was a phone picture. (*note to self...do something with your arm when you take a picture to avoid looking like a behemoth)
Let Bryce talk me into playing outside for a very short few minutes.  It was freeeeeeezing, but he didn't mind, so I let him wander while I took some pictures.
Speaking of freezing...I accidentally turned the heat off instead of turning it down the night before.  Woke up to a 54 degree house and 9 degree temp outside.  Had to use the fireplace for a while to warm up the living room.
Dan and I went to our first Ugly Sweater Party over in Saint Clair Shores.  Fantastic!  However, these matching turtle-necks make it tough to see where Dan ends and I begin.  Yikes!
I love going out to get the mail each day and open up our Christmas cards.  We have them hanging up on the pantry doors and they are almost full!
Practicing my Bokeh pictures.  Not thrilled with the results, but I'm going to keep practicing.  Want to learn how to get this effect?  Click here.  or  Click here  I've got so much to learn!
Major cleaning day today.  Thankfully the kids were helpful and both slept a good chunk of the afternoon.  (which NEVER happens).  I pretty much just kept cleaning until they woke up.  Look at that floor shine!

Hop over to Project Life Tuesday  (even though it's Wednesday...whatever)at the Mom Creative and check out more Project Life Photos.

No comments: