1.10.2011

Jan 1 to Jan 9


Our last Christmas party!  Drove over to Dad's house for the afternoon.  Dan chatting it up with Uncle Russ and Uncle Garry.
Frantically trying to get my 2010 Project Life album completed.  I don't want to start my 2011 album feeling totally under water.  Almost finished with my journaling, and my last few pictures just came in the mail this weekend. 
For whatever reason...Sydney is obsessed with this crazy reggae song from Yo Gabba Gabba, "Banana".  She goes nuts whenever it comes on.  Silly girl.
M.O.R.E.  S.N.O.W...blah.

We are all still trying to get in the groove of the "big boy bed" around here.  Bryce plays in his room when he should be taking a nap.  When it finally got quiet up there, I was curious so I took a peek.  This is what I found.
She still loves the sink while I'm trying to get ready.  As long as it keeps her happy and quiet, I don't really mind. 

Friday, Jan 7
Dinner at the neighbor's house. 
no picture?

Went over to Mee-ma and Papa's house for the afternoon.  Bryce was so excited to drive the tractor and go sledding even with the super cold temperature.  Thankfully the sun was shining :)
Kind of lazy day around here.  worked in the nursery at church, then came home and took down the tree and all Christmas stuff (finally!)  Dada and Bryce were playing blocks and built a super cool robot.

8 comments:

slkooiman said...

I love the photo of Bryce sleeping on the floor! I had the same situation once I peeked in to find Isaiah curled up like a cat in the rocking chair. It was so cute! I hope he adjusts well to the toddler bed.

I loved going back through your last couple weeks of photos, by the way. Your bokeh photos are pretty darn good in my book!

Kelli said...

Happy Project lIfe Tuesday! Love that sleeping photo and the sink photo, definite faves.

If you get a chance, did you download your overlays on your photos or did you do them yourself, I love the way you did the dates. I'm contemplating downloading Ali Edward's stuff....

Unknown said...

Love the pics! Especially the sink one. You sound like me. Whatever keeps them happy so I can get ready. :)

Shannon said...

great pics and good job for catching up with last year. I'm new to this and am using last years. I'd love to know how to use the overlays too. Not sure if photoshop is a must... I am using picasa.

Libby said...

Love this. I have been thinking about doing PL for months. I keep looking at what people are doing. I like the concept but I would love something in between this and full on scrapbooking. I have seen that people have adapted this in more of a hybrid way. A bit more artsy. I'd love to see how you are actually constructing your book.thanks.

Unknown said...

I'm with Keli...the sleeping boy and baby girl in the sink are my faves :) Great pix and great work :)

CindeeQ said...

I love your pictures! So fun.

Did you use overlays for the day and date? If so, which ones? I love them.

Can you email me please?

cindeescraps at yahoo dot com

Thanks!

Sara said...

Thanks for checking out my photos :) I've never had anyone ask ME how to do something before, usually I'm swiping from others!!

I didn't use overlays, I just purchased Ali Edwards "days of the week" brush for Photoshop Elements and "stamped" it on my photo in white. here is the link
http://www.designerdigitals.com/digital-scrapbooking/supplies/product_info.php/products_id/5932

-but- before I had photoshop, i just typed it out (in Picassa) using Ali's handwriting font
you can download it free here:
http://aliedwards.com/about-ali/faq scroll down about 1/2 way to "free font"

The date is written in Courier New. The divider is the button that shares the \ (backslash...if that makes sense?)