1.25.2011

Jan 17-23 (week 3)

Cortney had a meeting this morning, so Aiden came over for a few hours to hang with us.  We always love hanging with him. 
Aunt Diane and Lily came over today to see the Princess Diana Exhibit at the Grand Rapids Art Museum.  Unfortunately they don't let you take any pictures inside the exhibit, so this was all I could get.  :(  We went to the BOB for lunch after the museum. 
I received an email saying my 31 party order would be arriving Wednesday and I couldn't have been more excited.  {like, "every sound I heard I would look for the UPS truck outside" kind of excited}  Of course a watched pot never boils...it didn't get here until after 6pm.
Dan and I went to Chicago for a Northwestern Mutual Conference for a few days.  So nice to be out of the house without kids :)  Got to hang out and dress up which is always fun.  Borrowed this AMAZING dress from Cassie and could not believe how many compliments I received.   I felt like such a rock star!
There is nothing like room service breakfast in bed while watching anything I want and no one to whine at me!  Heaven!
Our annual tradition is lunch at Grand Lux Cafe on Saturday before we head out of town.  We had a nice window seat facing Michigan Avenue.  Soaked up every last bit of my weekend away!
Sunday un-fun day...Dan wanted to clean {of course}.  First he took Bryce outside to snowblow, then he moved all the furniture out of the living room and washed the carpets.  Sydney was such a big help!  We moved the living room around for a nice change.

5 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

Your family is adorable and you are beautiful!! I LOVE thirty one and I can't wait to get some of the new spring items!! Will be back to visit next week:)

Kelli said...

you are a rockstar! you look awesome. and i love the side by side cleaning photo with your daughter...too cute :) happy project life!

Christie said...

Wow! Your blog is awesome! Thanks for stopping by mine (that is how I got here). You have some amazing photos! I continue to follow yours and be inspired I am sure!

Unknown said...

You Rock that dress girl! So glad you had a fun weekend away with just the hubby...those are so needed. Great photos as always :)

Becki@Just The Three of Us said...

oh i love chicago! great pictures!