1.31.2011

Jan 24-30 (week 4)

Today was our first day of e-mealz!  (journaling after completing one week)  This is simply amazing.  First of all, I hate cooking.  More than I hate cooking, I hate grocery shopping.  More than I hate grocery shopping, I hate planning meals.  The amazing EMILY QUINEY introduced me to e-mealz and my life will never be the same! (ok, that is a little dramatic, but seriously, I love this system!!)  You subscribe to their site ($5 per month), and each friday you download a week worth of meals.  Included is the grocery list as well as the cooking instructions.  We chose the meal plan for two to try it out and see how it went.  There was plenty left over for the kids too (but of course they wanted nothing to do with it.)  I grocery shopped over the weekend, and we started on monday.  I spent soooooo much less than I usually do at the store, and we didn't eat out once!!  <3 <3 <3 this!!
Since the Christmas decorations came down, the house looks so naked.  I whipped up a few little Valentine's Day decorations to fill the void.  More photos here!
This little boy amazes me.  We play with these puzzles all the time and Bryce never shows interest in the number and alphabet ones, (usually just the trucks and animals).  Suddenly---overnight---he knows all his numbers and letters!  Not really, but he can crank this puzzle out like it's nobody's business.  Yay Bryce!!
Just a POTD to remind me of what my kids eat these days.  Frozen waffles.  French toast sticks.  Nuggets.  Pizza.  PB&J.  String cheese.  Cereal.  Yogurt.  Bananas.  Grapes.  You know, nothing but the healthiest, freshest stuff around here.  oh...and absolutely no vegetables...oops almost forgot that one.  Yup, mother of the year.
This is Sydney's favorite face lately.  Oddly enough...she only does it to Dan.  It usually goes something like this:
{looks at him, makes face}
He doesn't see her
looks at me
{looks at him, makes face}
he doesn't see her
looks at me 
I tell her "say Dada"
"Dada!" {makes face}
Dada makes face back at her (FINALLY!)
looks at me, laughing
"Dada!" {makes face}
Dada makes face back at her (again)
looks at me
...we do this combo about 5 more times.

Went to Muskegon for the afternoon to celebrate Drew's 4th Birthday.  Went swimming, had pizza, cake & ice cream, and Drew opened gifts.  Bryce was LOVING the pool, and Sydney, well, she thought it was for the birds.  Typical.

I was lucky enough to snap this picture because this couch cuddling lasted all of 15 seconds.  They had both just woken up and didn't quite have enough energy to start arguing yet.  Hey, I'll take it where I can get it.  Love these two!

I'm linking up over at The Mom Creative for Project Life Tuesday.  Hop on over to check out more Project Life Photos!

7 comments:

Jessica Navarro said...

Great photos this week. Your family is just adorable! Love the waffle photo.

Christie said...

Your pictures are so great! Love the valentine's decor also. Very creative. Have a great week.

Steph said...

I love Friday's picture! That's such a good memory to capture.

Kelli said...

Awesomeness exudes in your week! I love it all! Happy Project Life Tuesday!

Traci Nissen said...

Nice pictures this week. I love the one of the two kids cuddling, but the journaling makes it. My two girls are exactly the same way!

Erin Ward said...

I love the fun paper plates! Plates like that were my favorite when I was younger. :)

Becki@Just The Three of Us said...

love your pictures again this week! cute valentine's decorations too! love them!