2.22.2011

Feb 14-20th (week 7)

 Valentines Day is not a big deal around here.  Since we don't do gifts or celebrate, I figured I would at least make a little card/banner from the kids.  We hung it up on the door so Dan would see it when he got home.  Bryce was so excited to help hang it up.
Went to check on Bryce before I went to bed and this is how I found him sleeping. 

This picture makes me ill since the total was $75 and my tank still was not full.  (that is the max that is allowed per credit card purchase)
Let me just say how much I love this place.  Target makes me happier than...pretty much anything else in life.  However, it gets me into a little bit of trouble.  I went there for diapers and I left with:
2 clearance valentines plates for the kids
hand-held sewing machine (to make my custom size page protectors)
new elmo and lightning mcqueen toothbrushes
4 adorable little silver buckets from the $1 section
new dumptruck from $1 section
tylenol and ibuprofen for kids
chapstick
popcorn
It's amazing how fast $100 adds up!?!?

Went out to dinner with our good friends, the Klimszas, then hit up the boat show downtown.  It is so much more enjoyable to be there as a patron vs. a vendor.  Since having kids, we rarely see Paul and Heather anymore (at least I don't), and realized it had been over a year since we hung out. :(

Went to Detroit to shop for bridesmaid dresses with Stephanie.  Forgot to take a picture, so I found the dress online.  We had fun catching up.  Then went to Meg's new apartment to hang out and help her unpack.  It was the weirdest feeling to have the entire day to myself.  Dan was great to stay home with the kids and not complain one bit. :) 

Drove back home Sunday afternoon.  Beat the blizzard by about 15 minutes.  I think Dan was pretty excited for me to get back. 

2 comments:

Kelli said...

happy project life tuesday, loved your target picture and the list was a great add :)

Lindsey said...

hello! and thanks for the nice comment on my blog:)

and... what a darling blog you have here! we are totally blog twins! don't you just love her design kit?

i also love how you post a pic for everyday--great idea!

-lindsey
www.theteacherwife.blogspot.com